Welcome to the 4-parts guide about starting 3d modeling from scratch!! This guide is intended for complete beginners. This guide will cover basic tools and concepts one may need to start 3d modeling for 3d printing, Animation, VFX etc.
You will be guided to:
- Appreciate the role of 3d content in Various industries.
- Install free opensource Software Blender
- Learn simple low-poly Modeling
- Learn basic Texture Mapping
- Engage and publish your work online with 3d communities like Sketchfab, Thingiverse
- Apply the acquired skills to 3d printing and animation.
Learning 3d modeling maybe a daunting task. As a self-taught CG generalist, i will show free online resource you can carry on.
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
Blender is a public project, made by hundreds of people from around the world; by studios and individual artists, professionals and hobbyists, scientists, students, VFX experts, animators, game artists, modders, and the list goes on
-from Blender official site
With Half a million new users joining the community every month, you are in the right place!! Head to their download page here, it’s free and no registration required!!
to be continue…